Thursday, October 21, 2004

A Lesson from the Ladies

If you, dear readers (and I'm hoping the plural is not unfounded), will allow me to don my "suit of chivalry", I would like to say: leave it to the ladies to bring class and dignity to the mudpit of presidential politics. Teresa Heinz Kerry stepped in it courtesy of USAToday in an interview published on Wednesday. However, after a brief media tempest, she was quick to apologize and such a gracious apology, too, IMHO. So how does our First Lady respond? With courtesy and tact and understanding: "It didn't matter to me. It didn't hurt my feelings. It was perfectly all right that she apologized. She didn't have to apologize. I know how tough it is. And actually I know those trick questions."

Well done, ladies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home